Legacy Fishing Retreat is a Christian ministry that thoroughly enjoys sharing the passion for God’s great outdoors with others. Their ministry heart is rooted in the Living Word of God. Their deepest desire and prayer is that each fisherman will discover the Truth and come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord, Savior and Guide for life.
Through weekend, Spirit-centered fishing retreats and weekly Bible studies, Legacy Fishing Retreat guests (men, teens and families) to develop new friendships and deepen father-son and family relationships; come to better understand God’s Love for each of us, what His son Jesus has done and is doing for us, the Truth of God’s Word and the Truth of God’s power to change lives; ultimately, so that each fisherman will accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Guide for Life and continually grow in the Lord as they get to know Him better.
In July 2015, Legacy Fishing Retreat asked Barnabas Group Minnesota members for suggestions and connections to help position this ministry for sustained growth:
- How should Legacy Fishing Retreat approach establishing a scholarship program for retreat attendees from Minnesota Teen Challenge and Teens for Christ?
- What suggestions and connections can you offer to help raise awareness of Legacy Fishing Retreat among: Potential guides and volunteers? Participants for Family Retreats & Men’s Retreats? Financial supporters?
- Who do you know that can help Legacy Fishing Retreat develop a plan for sustainability (e.g., resource planning, succession planning)?
Following Legacy Fishing Retreat’s presentation, Barnabas members put their time, talents and connections to work for this inspiring ministry:
- Members provided over 40 suggestions and connections to help Legacy Fishing spread their story
- One member volunteered his time and boat to become a fishing guide
- Several members helped Legacy Fishing find candidates to replace their retiring bookkeeper