Bricks to Bread is a grassroots organization that provides a sustainable source of income for families in need by building durable brick bread ovens in rural communities of Costa Rica. They develop global citizens locally and abroad and bring their communities together with a brick and a loaf.
This is done through:
- Partnering with in-country organizations to identify families in impoverished communities who have the interest, need and drive to run a successful business.
- Engaging volunteers to invest their time, resources and expertise.
- Educating and assisting women in the construction, maintenance and expansion of outdoor brick ovens and local bakery business.
- Providing support and resources for ownership of a small business.
Bricks to Bread shared their desire to transition from a volunteer organization to one that employs paid staff. Specifically, they asked Barnabas partners:
- What Bricks to Bread should be thinking about and how might they outline next steps?
Following Bricks to Bread’s presentation, Barnabas partners put their time, talents and connections to work for this inspiring ministry. Feedback included:
- Questions to help Bricks to Bread think through the vision for their ministry along with the challenges and opportunities they have experienced.
- A previous presenting ministry serving in Central America offered to meet and explain what they have learned.