ApparentPlan provides congregations with older adult ministry health programs and advocacy services enabling older adults to live vital lives as servants of Jesus Christ in order to finish strong in faith and health.
Maintaining health and having access to benefits are the underpinnings to financial security. Removing either one of these is often the beginning of a downward health and/or financial spiral which can lead to impoverishment.
ApparentPlan’s mantra is “Eat Right. Exercise and Don’t Fall Down.” Helping seniors maintain health and avoid injurious falls are keys to living financially secure and robust lives. Should difficulties arise, ApparentPlan serves as advocates helping seniors navigate the complex maze of local, state and federal benefit programs.
In March 2016, ApparentPlan asked Barnabas Group Minnesota members for help in making connections to new Board members who:
- Are prepared to lead with faith
- Have experience scaling a small business
- Think strategically
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and grow
Following ApparentPlan’s presentation, Barnabas members put their time, talents and connections to work for this unique ministry:
- One Barnabas member volunteered to serve on ApparentPlan’s Board while two other members made personal introductions to additional potential Board members
- Two Barnabas members met with ApparentPlan to walk through a strategic S.W.O.T. analysis
- Another Barnabas member volunteered to provide ApparentPlan with coaching on communication planning