Set apart to impact ministries
Since 2013, The Barnabas Group MN and its partners have powerfully impacted both local and global ministries. TBG knows when a partners’s personal passion, network, time, unique abilities and gifting, converge with a Kingdom-minded ministry, the return on investment is exponential.
A lot happens before a meeting
Six meetings occur throughout the year between TBG MN and ministry leaders. Initially, these meetings include an interview process and a SWOT analysis. Additionally, select partners and the managing partner advise the ministries, collecting intricate details of the ministry’s operations and coach them. Throughout each conversation, TBG MN is looking for ways its partners can come alongside what God is doing through a specific ministry.
A vision of generosity
Bi-monthly meetings give pre-screened ministries the opportunity to present their diverse passions, purposes, plans and predicaments to experienced and motivated leaders in the marketplace and other ministries. We want to see partners engaging in Christian ministry opportunities, giving generously of their time, talent, and networks, multiplying Kingdom impact through TBG MN.
Choices for serving the Kingdom
Above all, we choose a personal commitment, making Jesus Christ the leader of our life. We want our everyday choices to reflect that He is the One we serve.
We choose engagement in our Kingdom Calling. By identifying where God’s Kingdom-purpose, our God-given abilities and our God-honoring passions overlap, we can begin to identify how we were created to impact the world in a unique way.
We choose godly character. In everything we do and say we want to model integrity so that our biblical beliefs are consistent with our actions.
We choose collaboration. To achieve the greatest Kingdom impact, we must work together across regional, denominational, organizational, racial, and cultural lines to leverage our resources and fulfill God’s purposes.
- We are Christ led and Kingdom focused. Following the example of Christ, we are called to use our Godgiven gifts to help serve His Kingdom.
- We believe that humility precedes generosity. When we are humble, we free ourselves from pride and arrogance and ready ourselves to serve others with open hearts.
- We will be disciplined in our work and strive to meet God’s expectation for excellence. “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” – Colossians 3:2324
- We will be a safe place. We will build relationships of trust with Partners and ministries, creating a space where all may openly share their challenges and successes.
- Like the biblical Barnabas, we will be encouragers. We will encourage each other in our search for significance as we guide, challenge and encourage ministries, their leaders as well as our Partners to fulfill their potential.